Wonderful afternoon at the A Tavola Gourmet Market Place - a Lisa Peterson enterprise, a gem in the heart of District 19: delicious food, fun atmosphere, cool music, friends and neighbors, what could be better? Thanks to everyone for coming!
- Opening words by Representative Brian Cronin
- Introduction by Former Attorney General Anthony "Tony" Park
- Inspiration and call to action by Yvonne McCoy, community leader
- Great music by Steve Eaton and Billy Mitchell with cameo's by vocalists Margaret Montrose Stigers and Melissa Leavitt
Words from Candidate Cherie Buckner-Webb:
Why am I running? I have heard the call to action yet again. I stand before you today a member of a mighty militia
- Champions for Education Funding and Real Leadership
- Emissaries for Economic Growth and Job Creation
- Zealots for Equality, Ethics, Justice and Human Rights
- Ambassadors for Environmental Stewardship and Energy
- Warriors who signed up to end this vile war against women
- I am proud to be a soldier in that army: Undergirded, supported and empowered.
I am undergirded by:
- an understanding of our interconnectedness
- an inheritance of demonstrated courageous action by the legions who came before us
- a calling to serve
I am supported by:
- committed citizens from across this community and the state of Idaho
- a party with a powerful history - one of striving to ensure that everyone gets a fair shake and the chance to pursue their hopes and dreams - the opportunity to thrive
I am empowered by
a vision for the future - not only for the next generation, not just for my children and my granddaughter, but rather for seven generations to come, because truly, what we do today sets the foundation.
I ask for your support and in doing so, I commit to be a voice for you:
- To raise my voice for the citizens of today and tomorrow.
- To give due care and concern for the people - from every walk of life.
- To advocate, instigate, propagate, eradicate, eliminate, elevate, educate and legislate in service to the people of Idaho
- I will listen
- I will question
- I will seek your counsel
- I will show up, stand up and speak up.
I respectfully ask for your vote in November and the honor to serve you in the coming session.
My sincere thanks to Lisa Peterson and her crew, and to the best event organizers (and so much more) in the world: Rachna Mathur, Molly Rowan Deckert, Eric Everett, and Stacy Ericson.
Visit the new District 19 Blog